Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Oreo Crust


Usually when a recipe calls for an Oreo crust, I head to the store and pick-up something pre-made. Not this time! I stumbled across this recipe in Ken Haedrich's Pie and I don't think I'll ever go back to the store for an Oreo crust.
Oreo Crust

Ingredients:
3 cups coarsely broken Oreo Cookies (18-20 cookies)
Pinch of ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2-3 teaspoons milk









Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.


Combine cookies and cinnamon in food processor (or crunch them up in a ziploc bag like me). Pulse repeatedly to make fine crumbs. Transfer crumbs to large bowl. Add butter and mix well with a fork. Add milk and mix with fork until crumbs clump together when pressed between your fingers.



Press crumbs into 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 325 degrees for 6 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment